Wednesday, April 21, 2010

All good things must come to an end....

Well...the dreaded days at work have now begun. Talks of transfers and grade level changes have begun. Tears have started...anger has set in....life as we know it in my happy little work place is over....it makes me sad. I have had the opportunity to work with an AMAZING group of people the last 7 years and I have built relationships that have changed my life. These people are more than friends, they are part of my life family and now we are watching it crumble. Please pray for the women having to move to another school....please pray for the women having to move to another grade...please pray for the administrations of both places. Margaret will be getting some amazing teachers and I know the parents there will be so excited to see familiar faces, however as their friend and collegue, we will be terribly sad to watch them go. We have had some good times and I know that good times lie ahead as well...for everyone! A few weeks ago I wished one of the candidates for the princiapl job good luck and his response was priceless....regardless of what happens....God is still on His throne and all will be well. He's right. God is still there and we have to trust him. Trust....it is so much easier said than done....in closing of this blog ...I'd like to post some moments that have been life-altering as I have taught at OES the last 7 years....I guess I never really thought about how my job impacted me until recently...


* I'll never forget the night Jan told me I got a job. It was only a few weeks before school started and she, Rick, Blayne & I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning clearing out one room so i could be in that room. It took us hours and when it was all said and done I sat in a classroom...completely bare...nothing but walls and a cold tile floor and at that moment i considered it paradise.

*I'll never forget the day Andrea walked in my classroom and said " How do you Teach Reading?" and we sparked a conversation that eventually led us to be lifelong friends...rare...very rare.

* I'll never forget my first teacher conference with Jill, Katherine, & Maribeth....hillarious! What they don't know is i was barely making it as a 1st year teacher and questioning my entire career decision & they changed it in a weekend all because they were nice and reached out.

* I'll never forget the Reading conference in Nashville with Susan, Rhonda, & Maribeth....priceless trip! That was a hard year for me because we had tried for so long to have a baby & I was giving up....they helped me over my hump and Susan shared amazing words of wisdom. I am so thankful for that weekend.

* I'll never forget the day Casey walked in and out of the blue told me she thought she was going to hate me coming to kindergarten, but she wanted me to know she really looked forward to working with me. What she didn't know is that I was so intimidated by her and those words were HUGE. I couldn't live without her now.

*I'll never forget the day Jan told us she was leaving. We knew it was coming...but it stung.....I guess because she hired me and it felt like a personal loss.

* I'll never forget the honor of teaching with women who trusted me with their own personal babies and the pressure I felt...but then the support they all showed and the kindness I learned about them simply through the life of their child. Not only do we have some amazing teachers there...but we have some even more amazing mommies!

* I'll never forget the night Christa got voted in & the excitement we shared together as a faculty and friends. And I am so thankful for the friendship we have built since that night. I don't know how long we'll be so blessed to have her...but I'll cherish every moment!

*I'll never forget the valleys and mountains with Courtneyand somehow through such sadness he brought me closer to a freind who would later help my family in ways she will never know and we are forever grateful for her. I'll also never forget the first time i saw her with Shelby & her face defined true JOY.

*I'll never forget the women who ave helped mold me the last 7 years of my life. Each person at that school has impacted my life through words, acts of kindness, etc. I could never list them all. From Cheryl's candy surprises...to Mandy's unending kindness....I am telling you everyone there has a heart!

He knows what he is doing. He places us at the right place at the right time in order to complete his amazing plan. I don't know his entire plan for my life...but I hope when my time comes to move...I can do it and not get in his way...because if he has been this good to me so far...I sure don't want to get in his way.

Again, please pray for the teachers & familes that will make a new transition in the coming months ahead.

3 comments:

Tabitha said...

I forgot about Margaret opening in the fall. Will you be moving?
I guess if we are still living here in 4 years and I haven't decided to homeschool, Gavin will be at Margaret. It's practically in our backyard!

Corey said...

Teaching has to be one of the hardest jobs but one of the most rewarding. I pray everything works out for the best. I really enjoyed reading this.

Unknown said...

OK Mrs. Lowry--Becky told me to read your blog--All I can say is WOW-as tears rolled down my face!! You are such an inspiration to sooo many!! We will continue to pray that God will keep his arms around all of us and just as you said, TRUST in HIM!! You are a wonderful teacher leader at OES!!! Your friendship to our family and love that you give to Brayden will forever be cherished!! Love so much, The Urbans