Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a great day....

Yesterday was Cole's birthday party! We had so much fun!
You know...in this family nothing really ever seems to go as planned. a few examples.... we go to Gatlinburg for a vacation & get the stomach virus....we have a lil extra money...only to realize the truck needs new tires....our dog never gets out & breaks free out of the fence.....want a a baby...took 2 years....do you see my trend...I could go on & on like this. I say all of this to say...yesterday....was PERFECT. Everything went as planned. Everything was PERFECT. Cole loved Elmo...every kid in the place had a ball and as I watched I knew I would never forget Cole's Elmo birthday. I will never forget him running around...jumping in the middle of the room...staring at Elmo in disbelief....laughing histerically all day. I may not remember all the gifts he got or the food we served...but I know I'll never forget how much fun he had & the excitement of the day. I am so thankful to all the friends & family who came out to make his day so special. We are so blessed to have so many people in our lives. You know...life depends of good friends & family to make things the BEST! Yesterday was perfect.....I'll never forget it!
Oh & a little info for all the people who were asking....
The cake was by Patricia Davis...she is amazing & does any cake I ever need! Let me know if you need her number. She can do anything!
The outfit was by Misty Key ( Polka Dot Patch) ...she did a great job & I loved seeing him in it:)
Chocolae Chip Cookies- Brooke's famous cookies...no I don't have a recipe:(
Cheez-its- you take 1 box of cheez-its, 1 pack of powder Italion dressing, 1/4 cup veg oil...put it all in a gallon size zip lock...shake it up then lay it out on paper towels for 30 min...then serve it up! Gina shared that recipe years ago:) I think she got it from Shannon!



1 comments:

BrandyC said...

So glad yall had a perfect day! It looks like so much fun!

Oh, I used Patricia Davis last year for Maddie's puppy cake -- isn't she great? AND Misty made Maddie a special Minnie Mouse outfit for this year. We think alike:)