Saturday, August 29, 2009

60 years

Last night we celebrated my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary & their birthdays. My grandmother turned 80 last week & my Papaw turns 87 Tuesday. I feel so blessed to have them in my life. Once when I stayed with my grandfather in the hospital...he told me the story of why he will not take off his wedding band. He said when he was in WWII the men would take off their wedding bands on the nights they were free to visit bars & such. HE swore that if God ever sent him a lady...he'd never betray her & take off his ring. Well...he doesn't....60 years later. He wears in through every procedure...taped up.....he meant it.....they just don't make them like that anymore friends. He's a precious man & I am so glad God has placed them as leaders and examples in our family. I pray me & Blayne are able to celebrate 60 wonderful years one day!




0 comments: