Saturday, July 4, 2009

Remebering


Well Happy 4th of July....this holiday has several meanings to me....
First of all it reminds me of my grandfathers...one has gone to be with Jesus & the other is here with us. It reminds me ofthe service they did for this country in order for us to have our freedom today. Today we will celebrate with family & friends...we'll eat & swim....we'll shoot fireworks...all because some very brave men did and continue to fight for our freedom on a daily basis. God Bless them & our country! I pray we never forget that as we celebrate...someone sacrifices...always.

Another meaning to this holiday is because one year ago today....we lost a friend...Tammi & Lori lost a brother & Ken & Laura lost a son & Madalyn & Makenzie lost a daddy.... and this community lost a hero....Greg. Today I remember him & I pray for them. I pray for peace & healing...I pray for happy memories to erase the sad....I pray for strength. As a sister....I cannot imagine
losing my brother. I cannot imagine the feeling of someone missing...always....and as a mother I cannot imagine any greater loss that your baby ....at any age. I don't think that any words can help....I don't think anything in this world can help...but I do believe God heals and I believe HIS plan is always right.....
I do know that since we lost Greg....more lives have been touched than imaginable...I see "Can't stop a Hero" shirts everywhere....on people I've never seen before. I still see blue ribbons hanging.....I have seen magnets on cars.....Greg's life touched so many people....and so did his death. God changed lives everywhere....through his life & death....of this I am sure.
So today as you celebrate...pray forthe Surles family...remember them ...remember him....remember our men over seas....remember our gradfathers gone on & honor those still here......pray for officers, soldiers, firemen, and leaders & their safety everywhere......
Freedom is never free.......

0 comments: