Sunday, January 18, 2009

Reclaiming my house!

Well, my house has looked like a child's toy yardsale since Christmas! Brooke & Josh offered to keep Cole last night so I could clean the carpets really well because we gave Gibbs to a new home( did I tell ya'll that?) Due to Cole's asthma tendencies, we were encouraged to find our cat a new home. I struggled, Blayne did not. But we found a wonderful new owner and I am ok with it now. Anyway...that got me way off! So we cleaned all the carpets to get rid of cat dander! First though, we went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got a 6 piece wooden hamper set. After the carpets were cleaned, I reorganized the toys into the hampers and I feel SO MUCH better about my house! I reclaimed my home! Then Cole came home & ofcourse its messy again, but we can put it all up at the end in our new hampers!

2 comments:

Kat Drinkard said...

Good job organizing girl!!! I am a organization/clean freak so I love hearing how other moms do it. It really makes your daily life a lot easier. Me and Stephanie both have/had wicker baskets like that in the den for their toys. It's easy and can still look nice. BE glad you don't have a girl to organize and keep up w/ all of her ponytails/ribbons/bows. We have drawers that are labelled and they just keep coming!!!

Kat

BrandyC said...

What a great idea! I may have to copy you. I have one corner that just spills out into everything. I might just add BB&B to my to do list....