Saturday, January 10, 2009

2009

Everyone seems to posting goals and resolutions for 2009. I am not quite sure I have them all figured out yet. I know I have nailed down a few. So I thought I'd share...

  • I am going to spend time seriously praying for Cole. Not just for his health and his safety..I mean for his life...for everything God has in store for him. I want to pray for the good and bad things that he will face. I pray for his salvation one day. I pray for his choice of friends, for his choice in girls-oh my I will have to face that one day! I know that everything in his life will not be easy, but I pray God will carry him through it. And in order for him to have this kind of faith, I have to be the Mommy that leads him there...
  • I hope to use the 7X7 prayer ( everyday, not just 7 days) for COle from the Bring the Rain blog on my page. Check it out. Angie is amazing and God totally leads and speaks through her.
  • Which leads me to my next goal. I pray for God's wisdom. I want to make good choices for Cole, for my marriage, about my friends, about our finances. I simply need his wisdom and more importantly, I need to listen!
  • I want to make my marriage even better than it is now. I want to be the wife God has called me to be. God has blessed me with a wonderful husband and I want to be everything he wants me to be.
  • Friends- we have new firends, we have old friends. I want to reach out to all of them. I want to be a good friend, not just an aquaintance.
  • Forgiveness- we all hold on to things. All sorts of things. You think you have forgiven and then you see someone and you feel resentment...why is that? I want to truly learn how to forgive and FORGET. I have a hard time with the forgetting part. I need to let the past be the past and start fresh everyday. What if MY LORD held on to yesterday? I would definitely be in trouble. I need to forgive like he does.

The rest, I am still figuring out. I just know I want HIM to lead my life more this year than I have trusted him in the past. Its a tricky thing letting go... I am learning a lot about that in many ways lately.

5 comments:

Nana said...

When Blayne and Brent were little boys, Pop and I started praying for their wives ... and He answered those prayers with you and Stephanie. We're so blessed, and Cole and Ashton have such wonderful mothers. I'm praying for you and with you ... and faithing God to bless us indeed.
Nana

Unknown said...

Dito! I think these are great resolutions for all mommas out there! What a burden moms carry for their children to be great warriors for God. And I too am learning the forgive and forget thing. I am glad that we have become friends again after so many years :)

The Montgomery's said...

Awesome Meg! I am working a lot out in my life and I agree 100%

Kat Drinkard said...

Thank you for that MEg. I went and printed the 7 prayers and am going to do that over and for Emma. Thank you for keeping us moms in check and never settling!!!

Kat

Sheila Dean said...

Great resolutions! Prayer is so powerful. I am reading a book titled "Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian now. You may have already read it or heard of it but it is a great book!! Cole is such a lucky little boy to have you as his Mom :)