Monday, January 26, 2009

Peace

"There is a sweet anointing in the sanctuary.There is a stillness in the atmosphere.O come,lay down the burdens you have carried.For in the sanctuary God is here.He is here, God is hereTo break the yoke and lift the heavy burden.He is here, God is hereTo heal the hopeless heart and bless the broken.O come,lay down the burdens you have carried.For in the sanctuary God is here." These are the lyrics to a song that Bethel choir sings often & I love it. I wish you could hear Jamie sing it, its a sweetness none would understand unless you heard it.I hear it when I am having a rough day. Twice this week I have heard of cancer taking the life of a young mother. Both in their 30s. Both leaving children here. I knew neither of these closely, one only through stories & the other I went ot school with her sister... but it really doesn't matter. Tonight 4 babies are without their mommy & it doesn't matter if I knew these women or not...its terribly sad. I will never understand such sadness, but I am so thankful through it all he still takes our burdens. Somehow he is already healing those sweet children. Somehow he is already healing the broken families. He is already carrying their burdens. There is peace in that. There is peace knowing my God can heal the broken. There is peace knowing he can calm every storm. I pray for those broken familes tonight. I pray they will allow God to take their burdens tonight. Cancer is so scary.

0 comments: