Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Well....today is a special day...its father's day! we are at home b/c Cole got a fever virus during bible school & it has taken its toll. Just when u think its gone...it comes back! If we can make it until 2...we will pass the fever free 24 hours...maybe we'll get there & maybe it will be officially OVER!


Anyway... Iam so thankful first for my heavenly father who sent his son to save me....this is the only reason I am here in this life and I strive to be his servant. I fail DAILY.....but I am so thankful for his mercy and grace. I cannot imagine the sacrifice of sending your own son down and watch him be crucified. I am just so thankful that my Father could love me that much...me a dirty rotten sinner...we are so blessed for that unconditional love.

Second.... I am thankful for my father. He taught me so much about the person I am today. He is the hardest worker I know. Heis honest & when he says something he always keeps his word. He worked hard & put all of us through college so that we would not start our lives paying off student loans. I am forever grateful for his sacrifices. I cannot remember a time when our family did not have everything we needed. We may not have had the fanciest things in life...but we had enough and he always made sure of that. Now...he has taken on the role of Pappy....Pappy is so different from the dad I knew:) Pappy thinks everything is cute & no one needs to get in trouble. He has those grandkids rotten:) I am so thankful for my Dad. He's one of the good guys left.

Third- I am honored to be married to a fantastic Daddy. Blayne is an awesome daddy to Cole. He has never once passed off responsibilities on me. Lately with photo shoots & gymnastics...he has been #1 in childcare. He has done great with Cole since the day he was born. I love to watch Cole follow him...I love to see them play "hut-hut" in the living room...they are so much alike:) We are very blessed to have such a great leader in our home and I am so thankful he chose me as his wife & that God chose us to parent such a sweet little boy. Cole is very lucky to have such a great daddy!

0 comments: