Thursday, March 18, 2010

We are still here....

I know it has been a while...but we are still here and yes a lot has been going on...I give you the updates....
Cole-
He is doing great....we have been healthy. He is learning so many things. He LOVES Barney...I think even more than me & Blayne...he LOVES to sing "Ring Around the Rosies".... he has mastered the colors...green, red, and yellow...we have been reading his little Bible every night and when we are finished he closes with "Thank you Jesus" and it may be the sweetest words ever....he still eats like a HORSE! He still has his paci...I know I know he is way too big...but guess what he doesn't have it all day...mostly just from 5:00pm through bedtime. I can live with that...so I guess the rest of the world will have to as well...fight your battles huh? He can practically quote Goodnight Moon now & its very cute....he still pitches fits and I am trying to be a good Mommy and make good choices on how to discipline...but honestly its hard and anyone who says its not...I think they aren't telling the truth.
I am so ready for spring break. I feel like every night I make it home to cook, clean, do laundry and put Cole to bed. I miss actually spending time and doing things with him. The guilt has moved back in and again I wish I were a stay home mommy but reality kicks in and I got to work. But atleast summer is on its way and I can be with him everyday.

Me & Blayne- we are great... it seems like we are surrounded by marraiges falling apart but we are so thankful to be on solid ground. I am thankful to be in love with a great guy and feel loved back. I have recently realized how rare it is and I am sure I have taken for granted what we have...but i thank God for that happiness and hope that we have it for years to come. Blaye is one thing in my life that I was always sure about...God sent him straight to me.....according to him, I was his scary stalker...but hey I say I was just following my heart:)
we actually started a new Sunday School class and it has been wonderful so far. We love our church and are so blessed to have great leaders and friends.

Finally-----please start praying for what lies ahead. Many of you know the new Margaret school will open this summer and the big question is "WHO IS GOING?" Well we don't know. We feel so in the dark. It is such a scary and uncertain time. Please pray for the transitions that lie ahead in not only those who go to the new school...but those left at Odenville. I am blessed to work with some AMAZING women and the thought of breaking us all apart is actually heartbreaking. We are all on pins and needles and we are scared and sad when we take the time to really consider what is happening. Don't get me wrong...its a GREAT thing...actually monumental and extremely exciting for our town...however it is going to be hard for our teachers and friendships. Please pray that the AL state budget will allow all of our teachers to keep their jobs. They are mothers and wives just trying to help support their families!
Well....spring break is finally next week. YAY! I am sure I'll have plenty to share! We have several very fun things planned!

3 comments:

~~~~~ The House of Big Cheese~~~~ said...

Glad to see ya'll are okay :)

Trace Car Driver said...

thanks for the update! cole sounds fun. don't worry about the passi at all. who cares! one day we can get the boys together to play, thanks for offering yesterday, my dad ended up keeping them! and girl i feel you on the marriage issue. ALL around me marriages are failing! will be praying about the school thing, i know it can be scary! hope ya'll have a fantastic spring break!

Corey said...

We also have a few friends that are gettind divorces. I was so proud to celebrate 10 years of marriage. It may not always be perfect but I am happy! I also could have been called a stalker when I first met Brandon - going into Winn Dixie where he worked to see him... all the time!! But hey, look at us 12 years later! I love reading your updates. Keep them coming!