Monday, October 5, 2009

Worth It All

Lucy James Ford was born tonight around 6:15 pm.
She weighed 5 lbs 15oz and was 20in long.
She is absolutely perfect & precious!

Well...today was an extremely long day! Lucy was a little stubborn & so after a long day of not progressing past 5cm....she was born through a c-section this evening.
We had to wait a VERY long time & we were all getting quite impatient...but we finally got to see & hold that sweet little miracle around 9:00pm. She is just perfect! I cannot believe that a year & a half ago we sat down in another waiting area while brooke was in surgery...prayed for her life and the doctors trying to fight for it. I cannot believe what she went through to try & have one of her own.I cannot believe the doctors told her last August she would probably never have one of her own. I cannot believe God surprised them last spring. I cannot believe I held that sweet lil baby tonight that will forever change their lives. She is truly a miracle & we will all never be the same. God is SO Good! God is so good! I cannot say it enough. He was good through the storm...he was good when she was sick...he was good when she was emotionally broken....he was good when she thought she'd never hold one of her own...he was good through her pregnancy...and he was AWESOME tonight!
As I talked to her one last time tonight....Brooke kept saying...
"I can't believe she's mine...I can't believe she's mine....it doesn't feel real."
I am so glad it is....and all we have thought the entire day is....
Lucy James Ford was well worth the 6 year wait! :)
We love her SOOOO much! And she'll know it!

If you are reading this....then somewhere along the way...you have prayed for Brooke & Josh. Thank you. He heard every prayer & they were answered!

Bless you & continue to pray for them!

5 comments:

Trace Car Driver said...

BEST.POST.EVER.
so very sweet meg. congrats on your new niece, and to the new parents and everyone involved! and god is SO GOOD. thank you for that reminder that he is so good and he is with us every step of the way.
praising god with you and your family for this sweet lil miracle! what a blessing!!! can't wait to see more pics. we'll be praying...

The McCullough Family said...

Hallelujah!!! She is precious and looks just like Josh! God is good and I've been able to use Brooke and Josh as hope for a co-worker who was just told she would never concieve. Tell them congrats and we love them all!

Erin Hollis/Lens Envy Photography said...

Meg, this post made me cry! I don't know Brooke and Josh, but now I feel like I do. Thank you for sharing this special time. Congrats on your new addition to the family. What a sweet little miracle. Praise God for blessing your family with her and for getting her into this world safely.

Connie said...

I am married to Josh's 1st cousin, David and we have indeed been praying! We are now rejoicing!! Please pass along our congrats to them and tell them we love them! :)

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!! You made me cry! We are soooo excited and can't wait to meet her! JJ was so excited when we got the call Monday night. He walked in the kitchen singing we have a little Lucy!! I am sooo very happy for your family! Faith in the storm!