Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Neighbor






Well...my neighbor is moving.....
No, not the person who lives next to me....my neighbor at school. If you don't teach you may not understand this statement or its significance...so I'll start by defining "neighbor" in school terms. My neighbor is the girl who teaches next to me. She is the girl who stops by Jacks & brings me a diet coke in the morning...she is the one who sits with me at recess...she is the one I plan with...the one I complain with...she is the one who listens when i need to talk and she is the one who helps me when I am too stubborn to ask for help. She reminds me to stay calm and cool off before responding to an ugly note from a parent and she is the most loyal person I have ever known! She sacrifices her sanity to help me get to Dr. appointments and never complains once although I know she is so tired of watching extra kids. She is the one who hears me talk about my kid all day & never acts like it gets old although I know it is. She is the one I trust with anything & everything. She is RARE and after a couple months of friendship I knew we'd be friends when we're in our 90s. She's calm...and funny...and quiet...and HONEST....again I tell you she's RARE. And she's moving....TOMORROW to another grade. And I have to help her. And I will because I know its gonna be great for her & she is gonna be awesome there....but she's my neighbor and she's moving...and I'm sad. So I guess we'll have to make up for lost time in the future with lots of fun this summer. I just hope 2nd grade knows how lucky they are and her new neighbor appreciates her as much as I did. I am very excited about my new neighbor...but will greatly miss the one who has stood by me all these years. So I'll repeat my earlier statement...my neighbor is moving. Get it now?

0 comments: