Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bittersweet Goodbye

Well, I can finally sit down and blog about our crazy...exciting...emotional life!
Well...10 days ago we closed on our house & today we are finally completely moved out and have handed it over to its new owner.
It has been a WILD crazy adventure!
It has been emotional as well. We are ready to move on to our next adventure but that house holds every sweet memory we have made so far in 6 1/2 years.
We were so blessed to be able to move in 4 months after we were married . I remember thinking it was HUGE and I guess it was until about 2 1/2 years ago:)
From birthday parties...Saturday nights with friends...Halloween Parties...New Year's Eve celebrations...Saturday football games....Sunday afternoon naps....that house has been HOME.
From Bowden's paws to Cole's lil feet. I have loved my life there.....
So...farewell Crooked Creek Lane....
We'll miss you.....

Pop & Nana graciously got a U-Haul to help us. We could not have done it without them & we are so grateful for great help! Pop was a great driver too. When he pulled up, I never dreamed we could even fill half this truck.

We decided the new puppy ( we plan to get) would love to have Bowden's house:)
The boys were not so happy about moving it!

Well...we did fill it...to the MAX.

Thanks to all of those who helped us move & the sweet freinds who took care of Cole on moving day. He has never stayed with a friend before...but he loved it & had a great day with Brody:) We are so blessed for great family. From packing boxes, to fixing up the old house & also the little house we moved into....to lifting doghouses that certian people can't let go. We are SO THANKFUL for all the help! Moving is so hard....

Goodbye sweet boy....

I wrote in this concrete 6 1/2 years ago.....time sure flew by...I never dreamed God would bless me so much! I am one lucky girl! I am so thankful for HIS blessings and HIS plans.....

I hope the new owner loves our house as much as we did & I hope her memories and just as sweet!
We are currently living in my brother's old house as we await to build. We plan to get started soon...how long it will take...who knows...Pappy is running the show:) As we wait...I am sure Cole will enjoy having Nanny & Pappy in the backyard & we are going to LOVE our huge front porch this fall....it is currently Cole's personal parking garage with all his riding toys. We think the "little" house as Cole calls it will feel like HOME in no time.


0 comments: