Monday, August 23, 2010

Influence

SO this week in SS we talked about what kind of influence you leave on people....interesting thought. One to make you really CHANGE when you think about the negative influence you leave on people and even your kids....
Example...Cole follows my example already and raises his voice when he gets mad....he learned that from me...that makes me sad.
But even in a more serious note....I cannot say that I have always been a good influence in leading people to Jesus...sometimes I am sure I am a bad influence instead. I know I am sure i have good moments...but I also have bad...like when I am having a bad day or things aren't going my way....or school has just started & I am stressed....I hate to think what kind of influence i have been around my friends. family, &coworkers lately..actually ashamed to think....
SO I am really going to work on it and i encourage my readers to do so as well. How are you influencing the people around you?
I have a coworker and we don't say anything ugly around her and if we do...we always apologize...you know why? She has such an influence on us that we see our sin right in front of us around her & imeadiately feel guilty....she sets a good example and she is definitely a good influence on all those around her. Sje carries the light of Jesus everyday....
I want to have that kind of influence and starting today I am going to work for it. Sure I'll fail...I know that. But I am going to try. I want to be a good influence to those around me.

0 comments: