Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Farewell sweet Bowden

Today I received a phone call with very sad news. Bowden is dead. Thank you for searching and calling and praying. Tonight we are very sad...glad he's home...but very sad. I am going to do a special blog about him...however I can't tonight. Instead I leave you with a quote from a movie that broke my heart & at the time I had no idea I would later be able to relate.



" A dog has no use for big homes, fancy cars, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare, and pure, and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary? "- quote from Marley & Me

4 comments:

Jeremy and Kourtney Keith said...

I am SO sorry!! Thinking of you all!!

Trace Car Driver said...

awwww meg i am so sorry about bowden. i can't imagine the pain of losing your sweet doggie. i know he was so much a part of your family. saying a prayer for ya'll and cole. i remember when john and terri had to put jordie to sleep, such a hard day. remember the good times with him!!

The McCullough Family said...

That quote just made me cry, it's so true. Again, I'm so sorry for you guys. You know we went through this with Tootsie and I still cry sometimes when I talk about her. It will get easier. Love y'all!

Kat Drinkard said...

Oh Meg, my heart goes out to you and your family. I personally know how special a dog is to his family. And am so sorry!!! HUGS!!!